Population 75.298 inhabitants
- The main economic sectors of Asti are the winegrowing and metalworking sectors;
- Strong development of the craft enterprises especially with regard to the companies in the food sector and construction;
- In the services sector those related to businesses and to people are growing.
- Strengthening of Asti as urban center;
- Classification, valuation and marketing of local resources (especially regarding the food industry);
- Production of renewable energies from rural biological resources.
Size 86,32 km²
Population 36.067 inhabitants
- The field of refrigeration appears to be very important for the city of Casale Monferrato (there is a project concerning the creation of an industrial district of cooling);
- The city has long been considered the capital of cement for the presence of the multinational Eternit to mid 1980s. Even today there are many cement industries in the city;
Noteworthy are also the industries of food and wine.
- Development of the axis Cuneo-Alba-Asti-Casale Monferrato, which includes the wine district and areas for leisure (oenogastronomy and wine tourism);
- Creation of a logistics area in the territory of Casale Monferrato.
Size 23,58 + 30,41 + 12,74 Total 66,73km²
Population 10.628 + 10.388 + 1.734 Total 22750 inhabitants
- The principal activity of these three municipalities is the wine sector with the production of many fine wines and champagnes (Canelli is considered one of the world capitals of wine) and the industry related to this sector: bottling and production of oenological machinery;
- Agriculture also plays an important role with peaks of absolute excellence in the area of Nizza Monferrato.
Development of the area with an agro-industrial vocation linked to the territorial excellences.
Union of Municipalities: (defined by the“Consolidated bill on the local bodies” art. 32) is a local authority made up of two or more municipalities to exercise jointly associated with a plurality of their responsibilities. Between the Unions of Municipalities should be mentioned also Hill Communities and Mountain Communities.
Territorial agreement: is an expression of social partnership and is designed for local development. It activates a program of integrated interventions in industry, services and infrastructure apparatus. The objectives of the agreement are the promotion of local development in sub-regional framework that could be environmentally sustainable.
Industrial District: is an agglomeration of firms, generally small or medium size, located in a territory circumscribed (which usually coincides with the territory of several municipalities), specializing in one or more stages of a production process and integrated through a complex web of economic and social interrelation.
To improve the competitiveness of the territory;
To create synergies between the municipalities involved in the pilot project;
To develop implemented strategies for the CLD in the involved territory.
- To disseminate the strategy developed in the project to other areas becoming a best practice example.
- To have positive impacts on surrounding areas.